Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cyma is Sweeter the Second Time Around

In our family, we all have specific roles in the food department. My dad cooks, my mom manages the kitchen budget, my brother makes sure that no food goes to waste by eating everything at breakneck speed,  my sister complicates the menu by being the picky eater that she is, and I introduce new food discoveries to my family's very conservative palate.

So last Saturday, I took out my dilapidated but trusty credit card and decided to treat my family to a lovely dinner at the newly opened branch of Cyma in Robinson's Place Midtown. I admit, it was kind of out of the budget, but I just couldn't resist taking my family to a place where I have such fond food memories of. You can read about my first dining experience at Cyma here.

For starters, we had Spinach Artichoke Fondue, a mouthwatering combination of melted cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, feta, spinach and artichoke. Served with grilled garlic bread and warm pita triangles, this delightfully cheesy and gooey dish was an instant hit at the table.

Spinach Artichoke Fondue 
Because my family is big on burgers, we couldn't resist trying out their take on Bifteka or Greek Wagyu Burger. The handmade Brahman beef patty was tender, juicy, beefy and oh so divine! It was served on a toasted bun and topped with peppered feta cheese, arugula leaves, lettuce, tomato slices and tzatziki sauce.

Bifteka
We also wanted to try Cyma's most popular dish, so we ordered Paidakia, which was basically just char-grilled lamb ribs served with Greek roasted potatoes. The meat was tender and bursting with flavor, sans the gamey taste usually associated with lamb. However, ever since that fateful anniversary date at Balducci, where I had the most delicious lamb chops with mint jelly ever (ever!), nothing else could ever meet my "lamb-related" expectations. Ha!

Paidakia
I had a good experience with their lamb gyro during my previous visit, but since we already ordered a lamb dish, we decided to try their Mixed Meat Gyro instead. My, these Greeks really do know how to make  mean sandwiches! The burst of flavors from the well marinated meat, onions, tomatoes and tzatziki sauce was utterly delightful!

Mixed Meat Gyro
I wanted to order Skolatina for dessert, but we were already so full after finishing everything. That's maybe partly due to the fact that we had a very heavy afternoon snack involving rice and maki (aka more rice!) at a Japanese resto that same day. No worries though, we would come back for my beloved Skolatina one day, I promise!

And oh, in case you find yourself at Cyma one of these days, do try their house blend iced tea! It's absolutely refreshing and delish!

So, have you visited Cyma lately? What other dishes do you recommend? I am already thinking about when my next visit will be!

Expect to spend approximately Php 500 ($13) per person when you dine here.

1 comment:

Do drop me a line or two!

Related Posts with Thumbnails